FINDING THE FOREST THROUGH THE TREES
Focusing on holistic care, looking at all of the systems not just the finer details
The ANZICS/ACCCN Intensive Care ASM 2018 will include a thought provoking and challenging Scientific Program focusing on large clinical trials, advanced mechanical ventilation, long-term outcomes after critical illness, organ donation and end of life care, and the critical care workforce. The meeting will include plenary sessions, free paper presentations, posters, specialised workshops, small group symposia and industry seminars, with an exciting social program highlighting Adelaide as a destination.
Strong program with dynamic international speakers
- Engaging scientific content
- The latest up and coming research
- Focus on; large clinical trials, advanced mechanical ventilation, long-term outcomes after critical illness, organ donation and end of life care, and the critical care workforce.
Entertaining and engaging social program with fantastic networking
- Exciting and inclusive social program
- Lots of networking opportunities
- Strengthen existing and create new connections in a relaxed environment.
Great opportunity to enhance your professional development
- Collaborate on best practice integrated care with international colleagues
- Focus on holistic care from the bigger picture
- Looking at all systems not just the finer details.
2018 program schedule
Accurate at time of publication, subject to change.
THU 11 OCT
Opening Ceremony and Plenary Session
Paediatric | Meet the Editors | Ventilation | ANZICS CTG | Burns: A Case Study
Paediatric | Free Papers | Ethics/ Law/ Coroner s| Patient Centred Care | Electronic Advancements: What risks does this put us in?
Best Medical and Nursing Paediatric or Neonatal Free Paper | The picture of all things | Best Medical and Nursing Free Papers | Nutrition | How Old is too Old?
Welcome Reception - Adelaide Convention Centre
Fri 12 Oct
Paediatric | End-Of-Life-Care | Best Allied Health Paper | Matt Spence Award + Free Papers | Cardiac
Paediatric | Nursing Scholarship + Free Papers | ANZICS CORE | Organ Donation + Transplantation | Abdominal
Gavin Leslie Best Nursing Review | ANZICS Oration
ACCCN AGM | ANZICS AGM
Night Party- Adelaide Wine Centre
SAT 13 Oct
Paediatric | Gender Equality/ Career Advancements | Safety & Quality Best Paper | No Means No | Global Rising Star
Paediatric | Best Medical and Nursing Free Papers | Burnout and Self-care Panel Discussion| Long Stay Patients | Challenges in ICU
Paediatric | Overseas Advancements | Latest Trial Releases | Disaster +Trauma | Rapid Fire Round - 5 Minute Experts